Website Shone Farm, Santa Rosa Junior College
Composting technician at Shone Farm
for On Farm Composting education and demonstration project
The Composting Technician performs daily management of the materials and production activities at the composting site; coordinates record keeping at the composting site; works directly with student employees; and provides assistance to faculty and students.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Construction and maintenance of compost piles.
– Receipt and management of composting materials.
– Operation of farm equipment used in composting, including tractors and wood chipper.
– Provide direct support for class activities with the SRJC Agriculture Department at the composting site, including set up of materials and maintenance of projects.
– Documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and record keeping associated with composting site and materials.
– Construction of aerated static pile equipment at site.
– Provides leadership to student employees assigned to work at the compost site.
– Assists with forest management activities related to compost project.
– Experience and training with operating tractors, farm equipment, and power tools safely and effectively.
– Experience and training with on farm composting and irrigation.
– Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions;
– Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships;
– Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
This position is currently grant funded for at least 18 months.
Two days per week (16 hours) to be worked during 8am – 4:30pm Monday-Friday work week.
Hourly pay at $25 per hour.
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in position and availability to Josh Beniston at email@example.com and Connor Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions please contact Connor Murphy email@example.com
Review of applications will be ongoing. We expect to move forward with hiring by early January.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org