Website Puma Springs Vineyards
Puma Springs Vineyards – Farm and Landscape Manager (Healdsburg)
A small private estate with a 15-acre certified organic vineyard has a full-time, hands-on position available.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in landscape/vineyard/animal care maintenance and welfare. This includes the ability to create and install small landscape enhancement projects and coordinate with contractors for larger projects. The position requires familiarity with vegetable, orchard, and ornamental planting needs and care, and a highly skilled aptitude for drought efficient irrigation from installation to operation. Must be a problem solver that can look at the larger picture while also solving immediate needs. Significant responsibility for this position includes scouting to address and prevent problems associated with plant and pest stress in all planted areas, coordinating with vineyard and landscape work crews, and executing an annual calendar of routine duties associated with rural property and home maintenance. The candidate must have familiarity with water, well, pond, building, septic, fuel load management, and solar system maintenance, and the ability to schedule contractors as needed for annual services. In addition to property management skills, the candidate must have working knowledge of barn and coop cleanliness/maintenance as well as routine and annual animal care, predator prevention, and dietary needs/issues for poultry and large livestock.
This position is largely a hands-on labor position with coordinating responsibilities for various contractors. The position may or may not include direct supervision of in-house part-time staff. You will generally work independently and report daily progress to the homeowner.
This position requires a keen eye for detail and the drive and desire to shape and maintain a beautiful organic environment. We are looking for someone with the perfect mix of horticultural and livestock know-how and creative enthusiasm. This position will be filled by someone who is a self-starter and able to take initiative and require minimal supervision, willing to work hard, rain or shine, in a fast paced and physically demanding environment.
As the Farm and Landscape Manager your primary areas of responsibilities will include: –
Provide routine care for estate livestock including chickens, llama, fish, and goats. Duties may include but are not limited to obtaining/stocking feed, cleaning water troughs, cleaning barns and coops, collecting and cleaning eggs, and scheduling semi-annual vet checks.
Garden, Landscape and Farm/Vineyard Maintenance
Responsible for liaison with Landscape Contractor while also maintaining and enhancing all residential and farm landscapes on a wide variety of gardens, including native gardens, vegetable gardens, formal and informal borders, a fruit orchard, and vineyard. Your work will enhance and address all gap areas and quality control needs that are outside of the capacity of the current landscaping or vineyard contracted services. You will be responsible for a high level of neatness and care that supports and improves on the professional efforts conducted by others. Examples of this work include weed eating, organic herbicide application, irrigation checks and programming, erosion control installation, compost preparation, and small-scale planting projects. The position can also include vineyard mowing and related integrated pest management for the right candidate.
General Caretaking (included but not limited to):
· Uphold all safety and COVID related standards for self, employees, and visitors
· Manage daily, weekly, and monthly property responsibilities. Executing the annual Farm/Estate Calendar.
· Schedule and coordinate with various contractors.
· Run errands as required.
· Keeps all areas clean and organized at all times including property and work areas.
· Communicate status of work with homeowner, and advise on changes to the daily work calendar
· Complete all personal tasks and details for property owner in a timely and efficient manner.
· Manage long term project based assignments to completion.
· Light handy-work.
· General repairs and troubleshooting as required.
· Provide assistance in the maintenance and overall visual and safety of farm/garden environment for the enjoyment of our guests.
· Candidate must have valid California driver’s license and be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
· Must speak and understand English. Must be dependable, reliable and punctual.
· Highly Desired- Bilingual in Spanish/English
· 5+ years of professional experience in landscape and vineyard maintenance.
· Experience with operating and maintaining farm equipment.
· Knowledge of sustainable organic food and farming practices.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
· Ability to track and update maintenance, complete work and farm logs and manage record keeping associated with annual organic vineyard certification.
· Desired- familiarity with organic rules and regulations.
Additional Note: Website is currently down
To apply, send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary DOE – approx. $45,000 annually
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com