Website Pomponio Ranch Meats
Pomponio Ranch is located in San Gregorio, California, and we raise Angus cattle and Heritage pigs. Both cattle and pigs are pasture-raised and we take great pride in raising and feeding our animals 100% within San Mateo County.
We sell our beef and pork products under the Pomponio Ranch Meat brand to local markets, restaurants and farmers markets. Our customers know where their beef and pork come from and it’s important to us to ensure they are receiving a quality, local, and humanely raised product.
We’re looking for a sales associate who is enthusiastic to be at the farmers’ markets. This candidate needs to value long term sustainability, farm to table integration and understand the importance of locally raised products.
Apply to join Pomponio Ranch Meat. We offer competitive pay and a wonderful team environment with room to grow. Part-time schedule and seasonal: Saturday and Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m./May to September.
To be considered for this position, please forward your resume to email: email@example.com OR you can request an application be emailed to you.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Assist in coordinating farmers markets every week
· Load/unload coolers and market equipment
· Set up/breakdown booth at different markets
· Handle cash and credit card transactions
· Assist in the inventory process
· Develop new and maintain current relationships with local markets and farmers markets
· Maintain Ranch vehicles (upkeep and cleanliness)
· Assist with deliveries to all customers
· Maintain clean, organized workspace and professional appearance at markets
· Experience in retail sales, attention to detail and providing excellent customer service
· Positive outlook and presence at farmers markets
· Familiarity with proper certificates, paperwork, etc. for markets
· Some knowledge of USDA and CDFA Guidelines and Compliance, specifically as it relates to Health and Safety standards
· Belief and understanding of the value in long-term sustainability, farm to table integration and importance of locally raised products
· Must have a flexible work schedule:
o Must be able and willing to work weekends and early mornings
o Must be able to tolerate all weather conditions
· Adhere to safe work practices
· Must be 18 years or older and have a valid California driver’s license
· Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
· Clear background check
· Ability to communicate effectively and work with minimal supervision
· Strong commitment to teamwork
· Ability to adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures, and safety regulations
· Physical requirements
o Ability to work outdoors, on uneven, slippery terrain in varying weather conditions with dust and allergens
o Ability to twist, bend, kneel, climb and use hand tools as necessary
· Must have proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org