Website Open Field Farm
We are seeking an enthusiastic, thoughtful and hard working person to join the crew on our family farm. Open Field Farm is a diversified biodynamic farm, raising mixed vegetables and flowers, herbs, corn, grain, grass fed beef, lamb, and laying hens for our 100-member CSA program in Petaluma, California. We cultivate 8 acres in annual vegetable production, plus 2 high tunnels, and grow more than 150 varieties of crops year round.
· Year round position starting January 27th
· Monday to Friday: April 1st-December 1st 7am to 5pm; Winter hours 7:30am-4:30pm
· 1 hour unpaid lunch: noon to 1 pm
· Monthly weekend chores in a rotation
· TBD based on experience
· A full CSA membership, including everything beef and eggs
· Housing offered with no additional rent or utility payments; flat fee for internet
· Perform all mechanical bed preparation and bed shaping
· Help to train crew on tractor driving for basic tasks, such as transplanting and tractor watering
· Lead field crew in daily tasks: including but not limited to transplanting, trellising, hoeing
· Work with farm owner to set daily plans and goals, evaluate and improve current systems
· Assist in mechanical cultivation, field spraying, and irrigating
· Introduction to large tractor field work
· Help build new vegetable infrastructure and equipment
· Weekly meetings with farm owner and vegetable manager
· Enthusiastic about farm work, ability to problem solve and enjoys being part of a team.
· Previous agricultural experience required, including at least one year of tractor work
· Good physical condition for extended amounts of outdoor labor in all seasons and all weather (able to bend, sit, squat, rake, shovel, lift 50 lbs, and carry).
· Must be reliable and timely.
· Able to follow instructions.
· Able to operate tools and mechanical equipment safely.
How to apply:
· Please send us your resume and cover letter explaining what brought you to agriculture and what interests you about working at Open Field Farm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org