About the Farm:
Farm Manager Position
Nestled among 258 acres of rolling vineyards and oak tree groves, Montage Healdsburg features an 11,500 square-foot spa, a zero-edge resort pool, three signature dining options, including a seasonal poolside restaurant, inspired by the region’s culinary heritage and seamless access to Northern California’s renowned wineries and outdoor experiences. A short drive away, our small 2.5-acre market garden provides the resort with various vegetables, herbs, specialty crops, and flowers in collaboration with the resort’s culinary team. The farm is located alongside the Russian River, about five miles from downtown Healdsburg.
About the Job:
We are seeking a motivated farming professional to oversee all aspects of production at our new farm. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced farmer ready to take the next step in farm management, or a seasoned farm manager looking for a position in the North Bay. The market garden is owned and operated by Montage Healdsburg, and so the farm’s only customer is the resort. This allows the farmer to focus less on sales/marketing and more on developing cropping systems that provide the resort with high-quality, innovative products. This will be Montage Healdsburg’s first growing season on this farm property, which has been operating for the past five years under different management. The farm has all the necessary infrastructure in place, all that’s missing is a farmer who can step in and manage this new project with us.
● Create and implement crop plans, manage plant outs.
● Manage greenhouse and seedling production.
● Design and implement irrigation schedules.
● Manage crop rotation, fertility, and pest management practices.
● Regularly meet and communicate with chefs about availability and upcoming harvests.
● Lead occasional farm tours for guests and other visitors
● Recruit and hire seasonal help as needed QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
● Minimum of 2 years organic vegetable production experience; management experience is preferred.
● Experience with crop rotation, pest management, and fertility management.
● Experience working with chefs is desired.
● Ability to manage multiple employees in a dynamic setting.
● Knowledge of no-till market gardening and walk-behind tractor experience is a plus.
● Must have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, polite, energetic, and a willing learner.
● Willing to work occasional weekends as needed.
● The ideal candidate is willing to make a multi-season commitment.
This is a year-round position. The base salary will be around 65k/year.
If interested, please send resumes with references and a brief synopsis of your farming experience to email@example.com. Include “Montage Farm Manager” in the subject line.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org