Website Ecological Farming Association
About the Ecological Farming Association (EcoFarm): The Ecological Farming Association is a 40 year old non-profit educational organization. EcoFarm’s mission is to nurture safe, healthy, just, and ecologically sustainable farms, food systems, and communities by bringing people together for education, alliance building, advocacy, and celebration. Our programs bring together a diversity of stakeholders in California food production to promote grassroots leadership and regional solutions to decrease the negative impacts of industrial agriculture on environmental and community health. EcoFarm operates the largest sustainable agriculture conference west of the Mississippi every January.
Location: This position can either be remote, with a strong preference for California, or be located at EcoFarm’s office in Soquel, CA, a few miles south of Santa Cruz. The office is accessible by bus, car, and bike. If remotely based, the program coordinator must be willing to attend occasional staff and Board meetings in the Santa Cruz and/or the Bay Area. Otherwise, no travel is required except for one week at the EcoFarm Conference in late January in Pacific Grove, CA.
Job Description: EcoFarm is seeking a Program Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, communications, project implementation, as well as a basic knowledge of sustainable agriculture and food justice. This position reports to the Program Director. This position will assist with the development and implementation of the Dirt First webinar series and the EcoFarm annual conference.
● Design and implement Dirt First webinar series with Program Director
● Assist EcoFarm Conference programming through coordination of speakers and development of informational materials
● Coordinate other conference activities as needed
● Support Spanish language content development and planning committee
● Staff planning committee meetings
● Participate in staff meetings and trainings
● Assist on-site in implementing the annual EcoFarm Conference in January
● Commitment to advance EcoFarm’s efforts in dismantling racism internally and externally
● Support efforts to build community among EcoFarm’s stakeholders year-round
● One to three years of experience in event planning, adult education, training and technical assistance, or project management
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite (primarily Google Sheets and Docs), Gmail. Preferred: Familiarity with Slack, CRM databases, Mighty Networks.
● High personal standards for the quality and timeliness of work, proactive problem solver, and collaborative team player
● Proven ability to manage multiple projects with varied deadlines
● Commitment to sustainable agriculture and food justice
● Spanish fluency (professional proficiency preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ persons, and differently abled persons to apply. EcoFarm is committed to:
● Examining and changing our policies and practices to break down institutionalized white supremacy in our organizational practices, culture, and programs;
● Creating space and building capacity for learning and dialogue about racism and racial justice in agriculture and the food system among our community;
● Amplifying the voices of our black, indigenous and people of color allies in the food system.
Start Date: May 2021
Compensation: $23/hour. 20-24 hours/week. During the month of January, this position requires 30-40 hours/week to assist with the EcoFarm Conference. Position is eligible for vacation, holidays, and sick pay. This position does not offer health care insurance coverage.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16, 2021. In the subject heading, write “ <YOUR LAST NAME> Program Coordinator”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com