Website Center for Land-Based Learning
The Center for Land-Based Learning’s mission is to inspire, educate, and cultivate future generations of farmers, agricultural leaders and natural resource stewards. Our cutting-edge programs for youth and adults provide hands-on experiences through which participants develop leadership skills, learn sustainable agriculture practices that contribute to a healthier ecosystem, and create connections to agricultural, environmental, and food system careers and opportunities. Our programs span 29 California counties and reach over 2,000 people each year.
The West Sac. Urban Farm Program Coordinator is a full-time position that will assist in the planning and coordination of the activities of the West Sac. Urban Farm Program. The Coordinator will assist with the farming and related marketing efforts of the Program. This position will also assist the Program Manager in program administration including USDA grant related administration work. This position primarily involves field and farm related work (75%) The Program Coordinator will be based at CLBL’s headquarters in Woodland and report to the West Sac. Urban Farm Program Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Farm and Mobile Market Duties (75%)
- Riverfront Farm related field planning and execution work through the season in close association with the Program Manager
- Plan and coordinate farm activities for interns and volunteers during the growing season
- Maintain Riverfront Farm infrastructure and equipment
- Assist Program Manager in produce marketing plans on a regular basis
- Assist Program Manager in marketing and outreach plans for the mobile market truck
- Plan and coordinate produce delivery using the mobile market truck in consultation with the Program Manager
Grant and Administrative Duties (25%)
- Assist Program Manager in grant related activities and administrative work
- Assist Program Manager in general program related administrative work
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and/or years of experience.
- Passionate about community food systems and equity
- Detail oriented, organized and enjoys problem solving
- Minimum 2 years of farming experience in a commercial farm operation
- Moderate to advanced computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office suite, Google G Suite and email
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work outdoors during the growing season
- Friendly, enthusiastic, enjoys engaging with the public, and has a positive attitude
- Ability to work within a team or independently as the situation demands
- Knowledge of or strong interest in local food systems
- Outreach and marketing skills
- An ability and willingness to be flexible with tasks assigned
- Ability to speak Spanish, Russian, Pashtu or Hindi
Hours, Benefits, & Compensation
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position.
The hourly wage is $21.50, and benefits include vacation, robust health insurance, and a 401(k), among other things
Send cover letter and resume to:
West Sac. Urban Farm Program Manager
Center for Land-Based Learning
40140 Best Ranch Road, Woodland, CA, 95776
This position is open until filled
The Center for Land-Based Learning is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com