Website BAR-C (Bay Area Ranchers' Coop)
Business Manager Job Description
The Business Manager is responsible for overseeing Bay Area Ranchers’ Cooperative daily
operations and upholding the values and mission of BAR-C. This person will work directly with
the harvest manager to ensure smooth and profitable operations of the plant. The Business
Manager will act as the main point of contact for members with the plant and is responsible for
ensuring a positive member experience. They will also provide HR support and management for
all staff. The Business Manager performs all administrative duties associated with running a
USDA mobile harvesting unit. As such, they are responsible for accurate and timely accounting,
bookkeeping, timely reporting and other duties as assigned. Given that this is a new business,
this position’s responsibilities and chain of command may change as the organization grows and
● Plant logistics including harvest schedules and coordinating with local cut and wrap.
● Point of contact for all member and customer communications.
● Participate in setting up Mobile Slaughter Unit, including: workflow, hiring initial team of
butchers, cleaners and driver, developing protocol for daily workflow.
● Maintain all necessary reporting, documentation and records to comply with all local, state
and federal agencies.
● Work closely with Harvest Manager.
● Work with the administrative team and board of directors to analyze financials and work to
improve profitability of business.
● Uphold all company policies outlined in Employee Handbook, and ensure teams compliance
with all policies. Support with all HR needs including team development and performance
● Minimize waste in all aspects of business where possible, including monitoring appropriate
staffing levels, productivity, and schedules.
● Manage and maintain General ledger records, A/R, A/P, payroll, and other routine
● Maintain member patronage accounts and manage refunds.
● Prepare and input month-end journal entries; prepare month-end financial statements and
other reports as needed.
● Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records in coordination with a 3rd party tax
● Responsible for payroll and benefits processing.
● Reconciliations of key accounts including cash, AR, AP, payroll, and others as assigned.
● Excise and sales taxes, unsecured property tax reports, and other external reports as
● Administrative duties including ordering supplies, maintaining schedules, answering phones
● Assist in other duties/projects as needed.
Requirements and Skills include:
● Associate or Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant training/certifications
● Minimum of three years supervision experience
● Three years’ experience with QuickBooks. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel
● Excellence in time management and organization
● Ability to take initiative and problem solve
● Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
● Must be able to work independently
● Financial acumen
● Team management and development
● Ability to work and make decisions under pressure
● Ability to read, write and speak English; Spanish preferred
● Valid CA Drivers License
● Computing skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and email
● Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs without assistance
● Have full range of motion to perform rapid repetitive twisting and working with arms above
● Must be able to sit for an extended period of time.
● Flexible work schedule with the ability to work long hours when necessary
● Experience working with cooperatives and USDA a plus!
For more about BAR-C visit https://bayarearanchers.com
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
BAR-C Employment Opportunities
For more: Visit https://bayarearanchers.com/employment/
To apply for this job please visit bayarearanchers.com.