Job Title: Grants and Contracts Manager
Location: Davis / hybrid work option available
FTE: 60%-100% FTE
Starting Salary: $60-$65K
Reports To: Director of Development & Administration
The Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to build sustainable food and farming systems through policy advocacy and on-the-ground programs that create more resilient family farms, communities and ecosystems. As a farming serving organization, we recognize the historic and lasting inequities in the California food and farming system. We believe farmers of color, and other historically oppressed people, should have the opportunity to create and participate in a food and agriculture system that aligns with their needs, values, identities, knowledge systems, and communities. We commit to advancing racial, gender, and environmental justice in our larger systems, as well as in our own workplace. Currently our programming is focused in 4 areas: Farm to Market, Policy & Advocacy, Farmer Services, and Ecological Farming. See http://www.caff.org for more information.
The Grants and Contracts Manager will play a key role on our administrative team by handling the management of grants and contracts. They will maintain CAFF grant files in Dropbox and Salesforce, review all contractual agreements, support staff in creating contract agreements, communicate important grant related deadlines and details to staff, and submit grant applications and proposals. Grant funding for governments and foundations is a large part of CAFF’s budget. A successful candidate will be highly detail oriented, enjoy budget and expense tracking, and be a clear communicator who is comfortable communicating tasks and timelines to other team members. This is an organizational support position, the desire to help others and the organization succeed should be a motivation for the applicant. Past experience working with government contracts is required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|45%||Administration of Contracts and Grants
● Manage contract and grant budgets, conducting analysis of spending progress and communicate issues and needs to program staff and overseeing close-out
● Manage Personnel Sheets and grant/contract allocations for program staff
● Serve as primary contact for government and foundation funders
● Track pending and current contracts and grant details and deadlines in Salesforce
● Work with program staff to write and submit grant reports, financial reports, and budget/SOW revisions
● Work with the Staff Accountant to create accurate invoices and prepare financial reports
● Track match allocations for government contracts
● Participate in monthly grants meeting to review upcoming grant opportunities with program staff
● Communicate upcoming tasks, reports, and deadlines to program staff
● Review grant RFAs and instructions, including watching webinars and submitting questions that come up in granting process
● Serve as a resource to program leads by answering questions they have about current grants or proposals they may be writing
● Write grant and budget narratives when needed
● Proofread and edit narratives as needed
● Handle required attachments and submittals
● As requested, research and prospect potential government and foundation grants
|10%||General CAFF responsibilities
● Participate in weekly CAFF staff meetings and annual retreat
● Participate and contribute to racial equity action planning discussions
● Represent CAFF by participating in community activities and events as necessary
● Participate in other administrative tasks as needed
● Other duties as assigned
High School, Associates, or Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years professional experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or fund management
- At least 3 years experience in nonprofit administration
- At least 3 years experience with government contracts and foundation grants
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ability to analyze data and information and develop systems as needed
- The ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Resourceful and able to perform a variety of administrative and organizational tasks with a creative approach to problem solving
- Flexibility to work independently, with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate with others in a team setting
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects, simultaneously
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proficiency with collaborative working platforms such as Salesforce, Dropbox, and Google Drive
- Ability to sit for long periods of time working at a computer.
- Requires a full range of physical mobility, such as bending, stooping, lifting, turning, carrying objects, and grasping.
CAFF’s policy is that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references with the subject line “Grants and Contracts Manager” to email@example.com by July 30, 2021.