Title: Membership and Administrative Coordinator
Location: Davis, CA
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary: $45,000 annually
Reports To: Senior Manager of Development and Operations
The Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF) is a membership organization guided by a board of directors that includes family farmers and others who are passionate about food, farming, and the environment. CAFF’s mission is to build sustainable food and farming systems through policy advocacy and on-the-ground programs that create more resilient family farms, communities, and ecosystems. CAFF works on-the-ground with family farmers to assist them with climate smart farming, food safety plans, and introductions to new markets. In 2021, CAFF enters its 43rd year as the leading organization in California advocating for sustainable food and farming systems. See http://www.caff.org for more information.
Under the supervision and direction of the Senior Manager of Development and Operations, the Coordinator provides support to CAFF’s Membership and Communications programs. This position will be an important part of building out CAFF’s membership and chapter structure, ensuring regular communication and contact with our farmer members throughout the state. The individual is also responsible for assisting with the production of membership materials, updating the database, and helping to maintain a web-based directory of California family farms. In addition, this person will also support the coordination of CAFF-wide events, such as conferences and fundraising events. A person who will excel in the position is someone who can help out where needed, be flexible and adaptable to situations, and is invested in CAFF’s mission and core values (read more here: https://www.caff.org/about/). Attention to detail is essential.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
|50%||Membership• Support the ongoing development of CAFF’s membership and chapter structures
• Membership outreach (via email, phone calls, text, social media) and activities including: membership processing, thank you notes and donor recognition, welcome letters, renewals, and appeal mailings
• Maintain accurate information in the database (including regular updating of address and contact information) and prepare and track membership metrics (mailing success rates, reports for Board meetings, membership retention, etc.)
• Ensure website is up to date and make edits on an ongoing basis
• Maintain a web-based directory of California family farms. Do follow up and outreach with farmers to grow the number of farmer listings
• Support social media outreach and blog writing as needed
|30%||Administration & General
• This person will be an important member of CAFF’s Admin Team and work closely with all members of the team on various projects
• Assist with organization-wide events, such as the California Small Farm Conference and Small Farm Tech Expo
• Participate in weekly all-staff meetings and annual all-staff gatherings
• Support fundraising efforts as needed
• Represent CAFF by participating in community activities and events as necessary
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
Educational and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience working in an administrative position, ideally with a non-profit organization
- Experience working with farmers, in sustainable agriculture, or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to handle competing demands
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and from home while under COVID-19 restrictions
- Strong computer skills, including above average knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite, and WordPress or similar
- Willing and able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Desired experience: Salesforce and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to sit for long periods of time working at a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires a full range of physical mobility, such as bending, stooping, lifting, turning, carrying objects, and grasping.
CAFF’s policy is that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references with the subject line “Membership and Administrative Coordinator” to email@example.com by November 6, 2020.