Informational Websites for Growers
- Drought Resources for Farmers, Ranchers, and Farm Workers, California Department of Food and Agriculture, for the latest news and federal/state emergency assistance programs.
- California Drought Resources, University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, California Institute for Water Resources for events, technical information, and drought expert contact information.
- California Drought, State website for information about how California ia dealing with the drought
- Drought Resources for Organic Operations, California Certified Organic Farmers, for tools, information, and resources for organic producers
- USDA/NRCS Drought Assistance, information for California Farmers on USDA/NRCS drought assistance programs and drought assistance fact sheets.
- Drought Information, California Department of Water Resources, information on the current state of the drought
- CA State Water Board Drought Year Water Actions, important information from the State Water Board on drought topics, including water rights
- The California Drought, The Pacific Institute, for research, reports, and information regarding California’s water supply and drought.
- Rural California Report, California Institute for Rural Studies, Blog about Rural California
- Disaster and Drought Information, USDA website for the latest information on federal drought assistance
- National Drought Mitigation Center, resource for national drought information
- Save Our Water, information on water conservation practices and tips
Technical Support Contacts
- USDA/NRCS, find your local office for free technical assistance such as improving irrigation systems, retaining soil moisture, reducing evaporation, and choosing drought resistant plants.
- UC Drought Expert Contact List, find contact information for all university drought, water, and irrigation experts.
- Resource Conservation Districts, contact your local office for assistance with on-the-ground conservation efforts and technical assistance
- ATTRA/NCAT National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service toll-free hotline. Call an expert with sustainable agriculture questions: 1-800-346-9140 or Spanish-language ATTRA at 1-800-411-3222.
- Water Quality, Conservation, Drought, and Irrigation, ATTRA/NCAT, National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service, webpage with resources and links to presentations on drought management, livestock and drought, irrigation, numerous publications, and a drought resources guide.
- UC Drought Management, for information on crop irrigation strategies, irrigation scheduling, irrigation water management.
- Farming with Food Safety and Conservation in Mind, Wild Farm Alliance and CAFF, resources for farmers who are experiencing increased pressure from wildlife due to the drought.
- California Agricultural Water Stewardship Initiative, online resource center for sound on-farm water management, including 68 case studies, 11 practice pages, and a technical resource library.