Information on all of the Food Safety Modernization act (FSMA) rules can be found on the FDA website.
- To read the Produce Rule itself (29 pages): Download the PDF
- To read the entire Preamble and the Produce Rule (144 pages): Download the PDF
- To read the Preventive Controls Rule itself (40 pages): Download the PDF
- To read the entire Preamble and Preventive Controls Rule (179 pages): Download the PDF
- Produce Safety Alliance-FDA Q&A recordings on FSMA
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC) is an alliance of grassroots organizations that advocates for federal policy reform to advance the sustainability of agriculture, food systems, natural resources, and rural communities. Follow the link above to find out about produce rule issues and preventative control rule issues.
New NSAC Food Safety Modernization Act Resource:
Domestic Facility Risk Categorization (FY 2012): This website defines what a facility is for FDA regulatory purposes. Facilities are subject to a different set of rules than non-facilities. Farms themselves are not facilities, but a farm could contain a facility.
Sprouts Safety Alliance (FDA): This website describes the FDA collaboration for food safety in sprouts.